A new set of actions

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

A new set of actions

Postby briang567 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Here is a new set of actions - take a look and let me know what you think!

You'll notice that there are many actions grouped together into "sets". In an effort to create some more fun suspense, and because at their root, many actions are very similar, I wanted to create actions that could lead to unexpected surprises. For example, in a given set you might a version of an action that is just talking, another one where the talking leads to a kiss, another one that leads to...well, you get the idea. In this way one partner is always left wondering, "How far will this go?" ...in a good way!

I really just crammed actiosn into "locations" and I feel that aspect could be better tailored to the game - so that will be one of my goals moving forward: to assign actions to more appropriate board squares or situations.

I ran the validator, but because some actions loosely refer to time without the action itself having the need for a timer, the validator gets a little testy.
Attachments
U4Iensis_One.bjf
(213.69 KiB) Downloaded 4235 times
briang567

Re: A new set of actions

Postby The Swede » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:13 am

Thanks, some really great actions in this file!
The Swede

Postby doughutton01 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm running the game on an iMac. I downloaded the file to the Actions folder where I have the other .bjf files. Using the Action Editor, I can open the other files but when I try to open U4Iensis_One.bjf I get an error box titled "Error Opening File" and the error message is "java.lang.illegalArgumentException: Invalid UUID string:"

Can someone help me? Thanks!
doughutton01

Postby doughutton01 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm

A little more detail on my post above. I saw the posts about users having problems with Lion but I am on Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8. Do I still need to do the workaround that's been written about?

If the game will run at all you don't need the workaround. It only applies to Lion or newer.

Don
doughutton01

Postby Honeys » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:37 pm

For what it's worth, I've had this problem a number of times, also running 10.6.8 on a couple of different Macs. It's really frustrating... seems any action file created in a Windows version of the game will generate this error if you try to load it into a Mac. Don... please fix this?

doughutton01 wrote:A little more detail on my post above. I saw the posts about users having problems with Lion but I am on Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8. Do I still need to do the workaround that's been written about?
Honeys

Postby Don » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 pm

For what it's worth, I've had this problem a number of times, also running 10.6.8 on a couple of different Macs. It's really frustrating... seems any action file created in a Windows version of the game will generate this error if you try to load it into a Mac. Don... please fix this?

Hi,

I am still unable to reproduce this. As near as I can tell it has only ever been seen on Snow Leopard (10.6.8). Both older and newer version of OSX don't seem to exhibit the problem, at least as near as I can tell. Has anyone seen this on Lion or newer? If so, please let me know exactly which file and OS version and Java version you have.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to The Exchange