Alternative file format for Actions

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Alternative file format for Actions

Postby ilets » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:30 am

I think Bliss and your site are great in many ways and do have some very fun actions to contribute. But, these actions are in Excel format and do not really fit well into the existing Bliss structure. So, is there interest in seeing this list in Excel? Then, those who want to put some of the actions into Bliss' format can do so in a way that works for them. OK?
ilets

Postby Don » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:19 pm

There is no harm in posting them. Others may enjoy them even if they do have to reenter them.

It may be necessary to put the .xls file inside of a .zip file to post it.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby ilets » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:35 pm

Merci, an Excel file is attached. Actions come in three general flavors, start out tame and then get very wild. Feedback is welcome. The Excel file is inside the attached zip file. Members can add what they want to Bliss. Dr. D, what do you think? Thank you again for preparing such a great game and site!
Attachments
Actions for Bliss 6-14-06.zip
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 1640 times
Actions for Bliss 6-14-06.zip
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 1240 times
ilets

Downloading this file:

Postby momminy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi there. I was interested in using this file. However, I don't have Excel on my computer and it won't let me open the file unless I do. Is there anyway to get these actions without purchasing Excel? Thanks!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Postby Don » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:02 pm

Is there anyway to get these actions without purchasing Excel?

It won't be easy, but you can download the free Excel viewer from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN

This will let you see the actions.

Then you will have to enter them all in the Action Editor.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Re: Downloading this file:

Postby jnolan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:34 pm

momminy wrote:Hi there. I was interested in using this file. However, I don't have Excel on my computer and it won't let me open the file unless I do. Is there anyway to get these actions without purchasing Excel? Thanks!

OpenOffice will open Excel and it is free

http://www.openoffice.org/
jnolan

Postby momminy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:56 pm

OK, I downloaded Exell, but when I try to open the file, Microsoft wants a product key. I don't have it, so it won't open. I went to the open office website and it wanted more information about my computer than I know. I am not that familiar with them to know about magnets and bit torrents or whatever, so I haven't any idea how to install that product. Can't someone just re-post the actions in a way that is available to everyone? Or at least explain to me how I can get them? In small words!! No technical jargon, please!
Thanks!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Postby rkaiser108 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:31 pm

I downloaded this excel file, do I just move it to the action file or does it have to be converted to a different file format?
rkaiser108

Postby ilets » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:24 pm

Unfortuately, it is just an Excel file. You do have to input the actions into Bliss' format and make decisions about the various Bliss options. Also, regarding an earlier question from Momminy, do you still need the actions in an alternative format? I could send them as a Word file. Just let me know through this thread.
ilets

word please!

Postby momminy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:59 am

Hey there. Still haven't figured out the Exel thing, if you could send it as a word file, that would be great!! Hope it's not too much trouble. I don't want to be a nusiance. Thanks much!!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Postby Viking » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 am

Hi,

I converted the Excel file to a text file. Should be more usable for most folks.

Can't say that I really like most of the ideas in here though.
Attachments
Actions for Bliss.zip
(3 KiB) Downloaded 1234 times
Viking

Postby ilets » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:43 am

Viking, thank you for your feedback and providing the text file format. More information on why you are not fond of some of the actions will help change things in the future. Can you provide more or feedback or ideas? I'll appreciate it. Momminy, does the text file work for you? Have a good weekend.
ilets

Postby momminy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:41 pm

Yep, the text file worked. The language was a little rougher than expected, but there were some actions in there that will be lots of fun. Thanks for modifying it for me!
live, laugh, love
momminy

Return to The Exchange