Template Skin for Customizable background

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Template Skin for Customizable background

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Hello All,

Here are a few new skins that I've put together. One is a blank template that can have a customized image placed in the background. All you would need to do is edit the image with software that uses layers and then save the .psd file as a .bmp. I used Autodesk Sketchbook Express on my mac to do this. The other two are examples made from the template. Thank you to everyone that have posted skins here previously. They helped me a lot in creating these new skins. I hope you all enjoy them!

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please feel free to reply. Thanks!

Skin Template_no background.psd.zip
(413.08 KiB) Downloaded 2184 times

Skin_Ocean Moonlight.bmp.zip
(807.65 KiB) Downloaded 2224 times

Skin_Beach of Love.bmp.zip
(1011.26 KiB) Downloaded 2222 times
marriedtowonderwoman

Re: Template Skin for Customizable background

Postby Ivo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Just a Thank you for your psd file, which I used as the basis of my gameboard skins. It saved me a lot of time! :)
Ivo

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Ivo,

You are very welcome. I've actually been working off and on as time allows to update the psd that I originally posted. I noticed that the squares on the skins I initially created and shared didn't line up as well as the template skins that come with the game. I hope to post it sooner rather than later.
marriedtowonderwoman

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:00 am

Thank you all that have downloaded my skins and .psd file. I hope that they have worked well for you.

I am attaching a couple more skins and an updated .psd file. The updates to this .psd are primarily alignment issues. I tend to want things in alignment and looking as good as possible, so I reworked the squares to make sure they were aligned properly. Let me know if you notice any issues or have recommendations for making the .psd file better. Thanks.
Attachments
tippy-toe kisses.bmp.zip
(1010.66 KiB) Downloaded 1961 times
Twilight Beach.bmp.zip
(386.67 KiB) Downloaded 1835 times
Skin Template_no background.psd.zip
Updated .psd file
(465.21 KiB) Downloaded 1831 times
marriedtowonderwoman

Postby Ivo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Don or Dave would it be possible to pin this very helpful thread? New people might like to make their own skins and this is the easiest way to start!
Ivo

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 am

I have created an updated method for making custom Skin files using an Apple Keynote presentation file. This new method for creating custom skins is superior over the files that I have previously posted. You simply replace the default images in the keynote file and then export the file to an image format for some quick resizing. The process takes just a few minutes once you have your images selected. I have also provided "how-to" files that help explain how to replace the default images and export the keynote file to the required BMP image format. As an FYI, the keynote file was created using the version 6.1 of Apple's Keynote.

I have also provided a new skin produced with this new method. Both the customized skin files and the new skin "Tropical Beach" can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xmx8mupkgzm05gm/8KZ9kT2628
(Click here to download Custom Skin Files)

Skin_Tropical Beach.zip
(1018.12 KiB) Downloaded 1840 times

I apologize to those of you that aren't Mac users. I don't currently own a version of Powerpoint to even attempt to create a similar offering for Windows users. If anyone out there has both a Mac and a PC and would like to play with creating a Powerpoint version of the custom skin template, please do and then repost to this thread if you are successful.

Once again I want to thank everyone for taking the time to download the files that I have posted in this thread. It brings me great satisfaction to see people using something I created.
marriedtowonderwoman

Postby Ivo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:03 pm

I happen to be a windows user- and was wondering if you'd consider using a beta keynote to powerpoint converter for this file?

it is located at
[url]
https://cloudconvert.org/key-to-ppt[/url]

apparently you can from within keynote export as powerpoint as well.
Ivo

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Ivo,

I was aware that the file could export to a powerpoint format. My concern was if the elements would export properly as my experience is that not everything transfers cleanly. However, I have now exported the template to powerpoint and put it in the dropbox folder. Just click the link above to find it. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
marriedtowonderwoman

Postby Ivo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 pm

The ppt file looks very nice. I'll try it out sometime.

I just gave your template a brief test! It works fine as a ppt template. The rounded corners are awesome! Now I feel like I should rework all my icons for all my backgrounds! LOL Well, maybe not right away! I like the working larger and then scaling aspect, I think any windows user, who has some ppt, photoshop and image work will be able to do it. Your instructions are fine the windows person will just need to apply them in their environment. Thanks so much!
Ivo

Postby marriedtowonderwoman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Glad to know that it worked out. Thanks for the update.

And I just want to make sure it is clear that you don't need to delete an entire tile to replace the image, or at least you shouldn't need to. Just click on the tile and replace the fill image and adjust the text box. This will maintain the position of the tile and the rounded edges without needing to rework the entire board. However, if something gets messed up feel free to re-download the template and start over.

Thanks again!
marriedtowonderwoman

Postby Ivo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Just a note to those with open office- you'll need to download the replace image extension otherwise it will be more work than the photoshop version. Image replace extension made this template very useable!

Please note, I did have to play with resolution and photoshop to export to correct size, so keep that in mind too for windows users. Sometimes things are a pixel off or so. I presume the same would be for users of GIMP. There are alternative programs out there to make this work, Also, you can always use the photoshop template. :)
Ivo

Return to The Exchange