Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Postby Ivo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 pm

For the scifi Geeks. A lot of time has been spent rewriting some of the existing action cards to fit theme based play. Also a few additions of our own.

Action Cards
New version
SpaceLG.bjf
(356.48 KiB) Downloaded 2442 times

Olderversion
SpaceDD.bjf
(273.07 KiB) Downloaded 2278 times

Gameboard skin
spaceodyessy.zip
(988.83 KiB) Downloaded 2253 times

Custom action build replacement icons such as doctor's office etc
Newly added custom build category and icon for new SpaceLG1.1
use both this icon and the build game icons.rar
spaceport.bmp
for use with spaceLG.bjf
spaceport.bmp (17.27 KiB) Viewed 54259 times

Build Game Icons.rar
(74.53 KiB) Downloaded 2019 times
Updated

Please note that the gameboard skin is a compilation of work of many pictures, and the couple specifically is from this work:
"Lovers in Space" - OUT OF THE CRADLE by Pamela Lee from Out of the Cradle.
Last edited by Ivo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ivo

Re: Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Postby Ivo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

To those who downloaded within the first 40 minutes of my posting the actions files- please redownload
I wanted you to know that I ran the validation tool on them again on Aug 23 2013! I had been working on them and had forgotten before posting. Thank you for your patience.
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Build Action Icons
A bit of scifi history the Dance Hall icon is from Raquel Welch 1970 space girl dance. And I'll let you figure out all the rest. You may need to rename the icons to get them to load correctly.

EDIT= updated icons have been placed into original post get a fresh copy or rename this as listed in one of the follow up posts.
Last edited by Ivo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivo

Postby heda » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am

Awesome work, much appreciated :)
heda

Postby Ivo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 am

Be Sure to get an updated copy of the build property icons- or rename your files cabaret should be StripClub.bmp and toy toys or toystore should be ToyStore.bmp
Ivo

Postby Xenon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi

I LOVE the SciFi theme ... it looks like lots of fun ... very clever ... thanks.

Technical Set up Question .... (maybe more for Don)

How do I set up the files?
I'd like to "have the option" to play a theme, or the regular game. I can certainly do that by putting the action file in the actions folder, and putting the skin in the skins folder, but what to do with the new icons. If I put them in the actions folder, then EVERYTIME we play, we get the SciFi icons. Am I missing something?

Is there a place to select a "folder" with the icons in it? So you could use default icons or new icons?

Ideally, I think it would be great to have a "theme" folder, and under that, have "actions","skins",'icons" and the game let you point to that theme folder for the files it needs. Am I missing something about to set up the game?
Xenon

Postby Don » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 am

Xenon wrote:Hi

I LOVE the SciFi theme ... it looks like lots of fun ... very clever ... thanks.

Technical Set up Question .... (maybe more for Don)

How do I set up the files?
I'd like to "have the option" to play a theme, or the regular game. I can certainly do that by putting the action file in the actions folder, and putting the skin in the skins folder, but what to do with the new icons. If I put them in the actions folder, then EVERYTIME we play, we get the SciFi icons. Am I missing something?

Is there a place to select a "folder" with the icons in it? So you could use default icons or new icons?

Ideally, I think it would be great to have a "theme" folder, and under that, have "actions","skins",'icons" and the game let you point to that theme folder for the files it needs. Am I missing something about to set up the game?

The theme folder is a good idea, but currently your only option would be to move the bitmap files out of the Actions folder and into a different one.
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ivo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Just to help you - yes you do have to do a little bit of file and icon exchanging if you use it on the same computer- we have a laptop as well so we've set one theme on that and another on our regular.

I've also set up a folder system it is like this-- Themes> And under themes are all my themes with music files for different music each theme has it's own icon file and it's own background music and action music files. PLEASE note I also have a file called original with a copy of all the original set up. Then I just copy and past the icons into the action file and it will just copy theme or ask to replace if you've had a different theme icons with the same names- I just say yes knowing I've got my theme file folders as a backup of all my icons. Then I just remove and reset the music per theme as well. (This is also why I've set two different themes on different laptops)

Of course to play the original without the updated icons you'll have to delete them from the action folder.

skins of course can just be in the skins folder.
Last edited by Ivo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivo

Postby Rctoledo88 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 am

What would say is the level of intensity for these themes? My partner and I are definitely high level action players. I use the iphone version so I am unable to access the details and action of the profiles so I just have to always wait and see.
Rctoledo88

Return to The Exchange