More than 600 Actions + new School

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

More than 600 Actions + new School

Postby rdd » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Dear All,

I have collected more than 600 actions from this Exchange forum. I tried to sort them up, fix any closing issues and put them to the correct categories, ... It is not perfect especially some actions exchange to large sums of money, but probably as close as it will ever going to get, so I am realising it to the public. Main issue I have when testing this file is, that sometimes it serves you an action from lower mood level 3-5, when you are already in the mood like 9, which can indeed lower your mood :( If this could be fixed by Don, it would be great.

Additionally there are corrections to some mistakes in the standard data set + update to school.

Merry Christmas!
RDD
Attachments
School.bjf
(69.59 KiB) Downloaded 6186 times
School.bmp
School.bmp (17.5 KiB) Viewed 56693 times
StayEngCorrections.bjf
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 3790 times
BasicActionsCorrections.bjf
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 4133 times
FromExchange.bjf
(503.51 KiB) Downloaded 5461 times
rdd

Re: More than 600 Actions + new School

Postby The Swede » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 am

Just wanted to thank you, these are fantastic!
The Swede

Postby Peel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for the actions.
So how do you build a school? In action editor I see you can add a "custom situation" which is what the school would be right? Then it asks for "context" and "service." What are those?

I like the idea of adding the school, just don't quite get how to do it.
Peel

Postby Ivo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:05 pm

The school.bjf file is the custom school file. I think you just need to append not create a new category, because that has been done already by the OP (original poster) You can also just select this file if you put it in your action files on your device and select it as one of the files to run as a game. I'm not sure of the number of actions, but it could be a game in and of itself as I've not tried this one. I've only taken a card or two. Thanks BTW for that

So just download the school.bjf file and put it in your action files and play it. If you wish to edit or append it see manual on how to append a file. You can append to a new file or an exiting. Or you can just edit school.bjf file itself. There should be a manual in pdf format that came with your game/download.
Ivo

Postby Peel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:36 pm

OK. That's simple enough.I just use the "school" action file and the option to build a school is there. That works.
Next question: how do I get the .bmp image of the school to show up on the board when I build a school?

Thanks for the answer, Ivo!

And, sorry I didn't say it sooner, thanks RDD! Good work.
Peel

Postby Ivo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 pm

All you need to do is put the .bmp picture into the actions folder on your device if it is a pc If your device is an ipad or android device you'll not be able to have a custom picture, however there is a built in custom picture of a heart. The heart is built into the java code and there isn't any way as yet to load a custom theme on these devices. However, if you only have one custom square you'll know it is the heart square!

Any other custom pictures can be added or deleted to actions folder on pc. This is also a way to change the original set of icons should you desire. I have made several sets myself and you name them the same as the originals to replace them. Should you want the originals back you just delete them and voila. This also means that you should store your themes and icons in separate folders and copy /paste as needed. I also took a backup copy of the originals in case I goofed at some point. All the best! Hope this answers your questions. Be sure to check out the themes such as scifi, celtic and others that we've shared. :) enjoy
Ivo

Postby Kelbel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Ivo wrote:...If your device is an ipad or android device you'll not be able to have a custom picture,...

It can be done on an Ipad, as I have done it. If I remember correctly, go in to ITunes, and import the pic into Bliss's folder, but don't remember exactly (been a few years since I done it). Also, I think you need to save the image as a .PNG file.
Kelbel

Postby Ivo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:07 am

Thanks for the correction as I don't have an ipad! :D appreciate the information. The android version does not seem to have the capability.
Ivo

Postby docflamingo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:29 am

Pardon me for being a bit dense. I only have the iPhone version, how do I add something like this to it?
docflamingo

Postby Peel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:25 pm

All you need to do is put the .bmp picture into the actions folder on your device if it is a pc

This worked. Thanks a lot!
Peel

Return to The Exchange