Bliss Light - A SKIN FOR BLISS

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Postby soren » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 am

Well, here is my first submission with a light and airy skin for BLISS.

I aim for a cleaner style with lighter features. It has a less romantic orientation, but definitely has a more relaxed theme for the game.

I originally created this skin for my girlfriend and I, but have decided to include the one without our names embedded into the file for your pleasure as well.

I hope you like it and any feedback would be appreciated.
Attachments
BlissLight.bmp.zip
(676.24 KiB) Downloaded 1693 times
soren

Postby alyxlarsen » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Very nice, I like it

Thank you for sharing
alyxlarsen

Postby pogi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:24 pm

looks great! nice work. the lighter style is a lot of fun.
pogi

Postby soren » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Thank you I am happy you all seem to be enjoying. I wonder what the others think! Lots of downloads!
soren

looks good

Postby welshlover » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 pm

soren wrote:Thank you I am happy you all seem to be enjoying. I wonder what the others think! Lots of downloads!
welshlover

Postby murphy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 pm

I like the skin too. We have not used it yet, but we will soon. I think it matches the warmer spring season. Now we need to encourage sharing more actions. I am finishing a set and I will post soon.
murphy

Postby soren » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:58 pm

I did not get the action editor, stupid me. I should have, but I never thought I'd end up using or wanting it. I hope we as a team (significant other and I) can do them together and develop the game without one another knowing so that we are both surprised.

I'd like to see a small interface change with the capabilities of changing the internal male/female icons that are used when you purchase the property/build something.

If we could customize the interface 100% with slight programming, I think then we will have something on our hands.

I don't know if they have a graphic designer helping/working on this but I feel it could use an updated style. Perhaps I'm the only one thinking this?
soren

Action editor worth the price

Postby murphy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 pm

The action editor is a great part of the Bliss experience. It is fun to write actions and anticipate them appearing in the game. I found the actions from Dr. D and other posters to be not quite right for my wife and I, but they gave me ideas for actions I could write. Also I installed Bliss and the action editor on my wife's computer so she could write actions. We do not play on that computer, but we can easily move her action files to the laptop with a flash drive. An interesting effect of this is that we both have written actions that explore activities that we had not tried, or even discussed before. It seems it is easier to sneak an action into the game than to just bring it up. Some actions can be written to simply start a discussion. We had a good discussion about sex toys because of an action she wrote. I also have a greater respect for Don who has written so many actions to make the game work. I have written about 80 and I am out of ideas. Don wrote about 800.
murphy

Return to The Exchange