Not happy yet

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Not happy yet

Postby Genea » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 am

I'm anticipating enjoying this game if I can ever get it to function on my computer.

That said, I must say I'm disappointed as a whole in this website. I do not find it user-friendly at all.
Also, why must it be so complicated to download this game and the add-ons? I am not a computer whiz and my lover is even less so. However, I'm not completely stupid; I have downloaded numerous programs before and never had this much trouble. NEVER. I don't really want to ask anyone I know to help me with it, so what am I going to do? I enjoyed previewing the try-out download, but it messed up my computer big-time. Completely derailed my internet connection and I had to restore my computer to an earlier time to get it working again.

I paid for the whole thing, only to find out afterward that certain add-ons are not well-supported.

Do I have to have MS Word or Office to use this? I didn't see that stated anywhere, but I'm wondering if that's why it's not working.

So, what problem am I having? I downloaded the set-up file and all the add-ons, but the game itself will not open. A pop-up box says Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded. I have no idea what to do.
Genea

Re: Not happy yet

Postby Josh24_15 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:21 am

To me it sounds like your having a problem with .NET 2.0 If that is the case it is nothing to do with the game. The game doesnt' need any Office products to run. You can try to uninstall .net 2.0 from the control panel where you add/remove programs. once you uninstall it you will need to download it again and re-install it. You should be able to do this from windows update but if for some reason that doesnt' work you can download it from microsoft. just search Google for .NET 2.0 download. I haven't had any trouble with installing or using the game.
the game calls on files from "C:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss\Actions" to load the actions to be performed. if you download any of the custom actions posted here or the add-ons to purchase you just need to copy the file to this location after unzipping them for the actions to work. When you start the game and select start a new game a box will pop up asking you to select what action files you want. The name of the file you copied to the location mentioned above will be displayed in the box and you can select it if you want those actions to come up during the game. If you are trying to add skins there is a folder called skins in the "C:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss" folder. you can do the same as for the actions. just copy and paste the new skin files into the "skins" folder. I hope this helped you.
Josh24_15

Postby Genea » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 am

Thank you very much for your answer and for making it simple enough to understand. I will try what you suggested.
Genea

Postby shankscomp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Also, run your windows updates and make sure you have all your updates.... There is a .NET 3.0 available from microsoft's website... go to www.microsoft.com and go to the downloads section, then you will be able to download the .net that you need. of course, for free!
shankscomp

Return to The Exchange