"Time" Love Language when Traveling ...

General Romantic Ideas.

Moderator: Don

"Time" Love Language when Traveling ...

Postby Xenon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:10 am

Hi

My wonderful wife is a "Time" love language person, with words as a secondary. (I'm physical touch and a little gifts).

I sometimes have to go on trips for work ... usually 3 or 4 days at a time.

Those couple of days are usually pretty tough on my Wife. Dealing with all the homework from the kids, the early mornings (my DW is NOT a morning person! I usually do the get the kids up and moving routine!), the running errands and everything else for those days usually just completely wears her out.

And the fact that I can't be there to give her "the time" she needs really drains her love bucket.

SO, I want to try to find something to do to help her feel loved while I am gone. I'm looking for some suggestions ....

I have tried....
1) Leaving her notes / letters to read each night, where I tell her how much I love her, how wonderful she is, how hard I know this is on her, etc ...
2) sending e-cards during the day with cheerful thoughts
3) making arrangements with friends / neighbors to cover some of the "run child A to this practice and pick child B up from this activity"
4) chating with her on the computer when the meetings I am in allow it

I think the notes/letters have been the best ... but I'm looking for some more suggestions if anyone has some...

Any "time" love language people out there who can say "What I would really like is ..."? Most of my ideas tend to be in more of the "gift" category, because that is my second language (and is her least language!)
Xenon

Return to Romance