length of game

General Romantic Ideas.

Moderator: Don

length of game

Postby JHMR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi, can you tell me in minutes how long each level will last. Trying to decide whether to choose fast, normal, slow. We have small children and can't start until after bedtime.
JHMR

Re: length of game

Postby RTLM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

I've also noticed that the game progress seems to move very quickly through the lower levels even when selecting a game speed of very slow and a starting passion level of ice. It seems that very quickly the "Staying Engaged" cards are out of the picture and the passion level is at the "warm" stage.
RTLM

Postby Don » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:52 pm

The speeds aren't in minutes, they control how often the passion level is advanced. It is very difficult to make them correspond to minutes.

Sorry,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby RTLM » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 am

Don wrote:The speeds aren't in minutes, they control how often the passion level is advanced. It is very difficult to make them correspond to minutes.

That I totally understand, and its sort of how I expected the feature worked from observing its behavior.

I guess my feedback is that from my point of view it seems that the passion level is advancing very frequently when both players have selected the lowest starting passion and the slowest game speed setting. Sometimes it feels like almost every turn if not actually every turn. Is that possibly because I simply don't have enough low level actions in my selected action packs?
RTLM

Postby Don » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

RTLM wrote:
Don wrote:The speeds aren't in minutes, they control how often the passion level is advanced. It is very difficult to make them correspond to minutes.

That I totally understand, and its sort of how I expected the feature worked from observing its behavior.

I guess my feedback is that from my point of view it seems that the passion level is advancing very frequently when both players have selected the lowest starting passion and the slowest game speed setting. Sometimes it feels like almost every turn if not actually every turn. Is that possibly because I simply don't have enough low level actions in my selected action packs?

The game attempts to each player from their starting passion level to their maximum passion level in a certain number of turns. For the slowest speed, that is 70 turns. For the fastest it is 15.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby RTLM » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Don wrote:The game attempts to each player from their starting passion level to their maximum passion level in a certain number of turns. For the slowest speed, that is 70 turns. For the fastest it is 15.
Don

So I'm still confused as to why when I select the "Ice" passion level and the slowest speed the passion level is elevated right after the first roll. Even before the second player starts their turn. It also seems to elevate the passion level almost every turn after that at least through the lower levels. Is that simply because there aren't enough low level actions in my selected action packs?
RTLM

Postby NoLosers » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm not sure how the game is coded, but it would be kind of nice to have a setting where you could pick how many turns or laps round the board there are for each level. Depending on mood or time available, you might want to stay at some levels longer than others.
NoLosers

Postby Don » Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 am

I do not see it doing that. Did both players select Slow?

Don

RTLM wrote:
Don wrote:The game attempts to each player from their starting passion level to their maximum passion level in a certain number of turns. For the slowest speed, that is 70 turns. For the fastest it is 15.
Don

So I'm still confused as to why when I select the "Ice" passion level and the slowest speed the passion level is elevated right after the first roll. Even before the second player starts their turn. It also seems to elevate the passion level almost every turn after that at least through the lower levels. Is that simply because there aren't enough low level actions in my selected action packs?
Don
Super Moderator

Postby NoLosers » Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 pm

That brings up a question for me. If one partner chooses a different pace or heat level, how does that effect the other one. Is it the lowest/slowest that rules or are each on a truly different level as far as subject and partner?

It would be nice to be able to have a little more control at times and be able to either delay going to the next level or manually skip to the next level with some sort of manual override. Could be related to either mood, or just time available, which could change after the game has already started.
NoLosers

Postby Don » Mon May 06, 2013 10:29 am

NoLosers wrote:That brings up a question for me. If one partner chooses a different pace or heat level, how does that effect the other one. Is it the lowest/slowest that rules or are each on a truly different level as far as subject and partner?

It would be nice to be able to have a little more control at times and be able to either delay going to the next level or manually skip to the next level with some sort of manual override. Could be related to either mood, or just time available, which could change after the game has already started.

They are pretty much independent and can proceed at different speeds.

You can manually change levels anytime by clicking above or below the passion indicators (in the desktop version) or by opening them up in the device versions.

DOn
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Romance