MAC SUPPORT - Help Other Mac Users

Discussion about the Dr. D-Light Add-on Packs.

MAC SUPPORT - Help Other Mac Users

Postby Dr. D. Light » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Hello!

Ok - This post is for Mac Users to be able to assist other Mac Users. I have had some customers who use the Mac, who have had problems getting their Add-On Packs to save so that they will be able to interface with the Bliss Game.

I do not have a Mac, and other than using one _very_ briefly (maybe 10 minutes) while at work many, many years ago (we won't say how many years ago!) I haven't used a Mac.

If you are having problems with your Mac and and Dr. D. Light Add-On packs, please post a reply to this message.

So, for those of you who use a Mac, and have been able to download, and use the Add-On Packs, please post your answers under this topic as well.

And - if you would please cross post to the http://www.drdlight.com/forums that would be most appreciated!

Thank you!
Dr. D. Light
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Postby Don » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi,

Check out

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=526

Don

PS: The Dr D-light forums link in the previous post doesn't seem to work.
Don
Super Moderator

Macs can not run .exe files

Postby murphy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:15 pm

The Dr. D-Light action packs come as .exe files which can not be run on a mac. I purchased the #2 add on pack some time ago and Don had to help by sending me the file without the installer. Now I have purchased the add on pack #1 and I have the same problem again. I foolishly thought that Dr. D-light would have corrected this issue by now. Also the support forum at Dr. D-light appears to be dead. It requires activation from an e-mail to post, but it does not send the e-mail. From reading the information on the forums here, and at Dr. D-Light's site, it looks like the Doctor has had a hard time with health issues and computer problems. I hope things have improved or are on the way to getting better. I will post again with an update on how the issue with mac support is resolved.
murphy

Problem Resolved

Postby murphy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Once I sent a request for help to the proper support e-mail at Dr. D-light, I was sent a link to download the action pack file. This time the file was in the .bjf format which I could install following the instructions found on this link:

http://www.gamesforloving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=526

Everything worked fine. I still think there should be a link for non-windows users to click on purchase so they will be sent the correct file. It is a bummer to order the action pack, and then lose a weekend waiting to get the correct file.
murphy

Re: MAC SUPPORT - Help Other Mac Users

Postby d1cknpu55y » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 pm

I tried this today and it didn't work. I also tried to make my own custom actions and further customize the game and I received a read only error. PLEASE HELP :(
d1cknpu55y

Postby WWFS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 pm

I have a Mac running OS X 10.10.5. Every time I try to install any of the add-ons it say its unable to install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WWFS

Postby Don » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm

What error message do you see when this happens?

Often this sort of problem is because the game was never actually installed to the Applications folder but instead is being run from the .dmg that was downloaded.

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Return to Dr. D-Light