help with DR D light

Discussion about the Dr. D-Light Add-on Packs.

help with DR D light

Postby bliss23 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:33 am

I can't get it to go? What am I doing wrong? It says BDF file and I can't open it. Was it suppose to be a PDF file? :?:
bliss23

Postby Don » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:18 am

Hi,

When you extract the add-on pack from the self extracting archive, there should have been two files extracted. The first is the .bdf that you mentioned (which is the add-on pack itself). The second is a file named readme.rtf that explains how to install the add-on pack.

The add-on pack is installed by copying it to the Actions directory of the Bliss program. This Actions directory will be located wherever you told the installer to put the game when it was initially installed. By default, this is c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss.

Thus, to install the add-on pack, simply move or copy the .bdf file to c:\Program Files\Games for Loving\Bliss\Actions. Then when you run Bliss, the new actions will be a part of the game. If you installed Bliss to an alternate location, you will need to move the files there instead.

Please let me know if you have any further difficulties.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby twoboy1girl » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:40 am

I am having trouble installing it. I am so not good with computers. I opened up the file and moved the bdf file to actions but it says, system invalid. Am I doing this right? I opened up the folders and that is where I copied and pasted. Can you tell me where to go from step one? Sorry, thanks in advance for your help.
twoboy1girl

Re: Trouble Installing Add-On Pack

Postby Dr. D. Light » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Twoboy1girl,

Which Add-On pack are you trying to install? I know a few customers got Pack 2 before I knew there were some problems in it that I hadn't caught, and someone else got Pack 2 even after I had taken the website down. (I hope it will be back up _very_ soon.)

It is a .BDF file, as it is read by the Bliss Game itself. You can't open it per se as a separate file by itself. If you followed the instructions that came with the Add-On Pack, it should put put into your GamesForLoving Folder - Bliss Sub-Folder, Actions Sub-Sub-Folder (Does this help?) and installed there. Then, you should start your Bliss Game For Lovers, F2 New Game. As you know, the game will tell you it needs some addititional Information - after you set your profiles, you will be asked what Equipment or Toys you have on hand. If your Item/Equipment List is much bigger - the Add-On pack should be working. To double check, you should be able to go to the upper left hand corner of the game board, and click on Options, Action Editor, Open -- and then you should see what Action Packs are available.

If that still isn't working, please e-mail : techsupport@drdlight.com

Dr. D. Light
May your relationship be full of Bliss and Delight!
Dr. D. Light

Return to Dr. D-Light