Are there any other Games like Bliss...

General Romantic Ideas.

Moderator: Don

Are there any other Games like Bliss...

Postby Mainzer84 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:57 am

Hi everyone,

I've got some questions.
Me and my girlfriend just played this game and we had much fun with it.
So we even don't come from an English spoken Country (Germany) I just want to know if there are any games like this one
which are in German???
If any one knows a game where I can change the language or when the language packages for this game will be ready it will be very helpfull.

Many Thx to everybody who awnsers on this Thread.[/i]
Mainzer84

Re: Are there any other Games like Bliss...

Postby Don » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:35 am

Mainzer84 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've got some questions.
Me and my girlfriend just played this game and we had much fun with it.
So we even don't come from an English spoken Country (Germany) I just want to know if there are any games like this one
which are in German???

I know of nothing like it in english or german. There are other sexually oriented computer games, but they tend to be focused very differently with more emphasis on the sex act and less on romance. If you find anything, in english or german, let me know.

Mainzer84 wrote:If any one knows a game where I can change the language or when the language packages for this game will be ready it will be very helpfull.

We are currently working in a German language version of Bliss. I do not have a release date because the work is being done by two very generous volunteers in Germany.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Tater » Fri May 26, 2006 8:15 am

I know of nothing like it in english or german. There are other sexually oriented computer games, but they tend to be focused very differently with more emphasis on the sex act and less on romance.

Don isn't just blowing his own horn here. I've been downloading and checking out games for years, and every game I came across was more of an x-rated party game than something to bring couples closer together. Bliss really is unique.
Later, Tater
Tater

German language version still under construction?

Postby robert.knuth@gmx.de » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Hello,
great to read Don' stated oct 2005 "We are currently working in a German language version of Bliss. I do not have a release date because the work is being done by two very generous volunteers in Germany."

But now 1 year later I would like to know:
Is the German language version of Bliss still under construction?
What work remains to do?
robert.knuth@gmx.de

Postby Don » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:09 am

Robert,

The German version of the game seemed to be moving along well, and then suddenly I was unable to contact either of the two great guys working on it. I have emailed them repeatedly and have received no response, so it would appear that the translation project has stopped.

Sorry,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby robert.knuth@gmx.de » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 am

Hello Don,

I just ordered the game now and I am looking forward playing it the first time with my girlfriend. We are german native speakres and my girlfriend only partially understands English, which is my motivation for translating it. Depending on how time consuming and how difficult the technical side of the translation would be (just ASCII file translation would be no problem for me), I would volunteer to spend lets say 5 to 10 hours in translations into German language. Do you have some unfinished parts, which I should translate first? Don, for translation of the English user interface I would rather not like to install any C develpment tools, but if you could copy the interface Englisch into some text file I would translate that too. Contact me on my login email, if you are interested.

Regards,

Robert
robert.knuth@gmx.de

Postby blourdel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 am

Hello,

How does this work go. I am in a same situation fro French. My wife is not fully fluent in English. I would well translate in French.

regards

BL
blourdel

Postby cordeliajynx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 am

I am in the same situation as well. My bf is not a fluent English speaker. I LOVE bliss but I'm waiting for language translations that I know will come eventually. Till then, I will translate for him. This is a bond building activity in itself isn't it? Meanwhile, since we're currently in a long distance phase, we play online MMO games and since he loves dragons *eye roll* we are playing http://www.schoolofdragons.com/ . Not as romantic but hey, you gotta do what's works best at that time. Can't wait to see the German version though. Any ideas when it will be out?
cordeliajynx

Return to Romance