Photos location in the Android version

General discussion of iBliss on the Android platform.

Moderator: Don

Photos location in the Android version

Postby Ali » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi all, I have just downloaded this and am hoping to persuade Wify that we should try it out on Sunday when we have the evening to ourselves. The game seems superb from the trial runs that I have done and I think Wify might actually go for it.

One thing I am wondering though: what happens to the photos and videos taken in the game? I need to be sure they don't end up anywhere other than my phone. I can obviously put it into airplane mode to stop Google drive automagically backing them up but then I would like to be able to view them on the phone at least during the game and probably delete them straight after. But I can't find my test shots at all, either in the normal media folders or any Bliss ones! If I can't find them, I will have to disable all but the tamest photo actions and I actually think they could be quite a turn on.

Many thanks for any help with this,

--- Ali
Ali

Re: Photos location in the Android version

Postby Don » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi,

It is a little bit complicated, but the basic answer is that we ask Android where pictures should be stored on that particular device.

We then create a folder called "Bliss" under that location and store the pictures there.

Eventually there will be an album called "Bliss" in your standard Android Gallery application.

However, Android doesn't scan for new albums very often, so you may need to reboot your phone or use an android app called "Rescan SD" to make the new Album appear.

Once you have done this once, new pictures will just appear in the album whenever you play the game.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ali » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Ah, found it: /sdcard/Pictures/Bliss. The gallery still hasn't scanned it after a couple of days so it must only scan on reboot. Weird.

Thanks for the quick response.
Ali

Postby Paul_S » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:53 pm

on my device photos were not visible via USB unless the files were renamed (to anything) with a file manager.
Paul_S

Return to General Discussion