CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Use this forum to discuss the Action Editor and other technical aspects of Bliss.

Moderator: Don

CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby Bookmark » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 am

With the action editor can I add clothingand lingerie even Fantasy & Fetish Costumes
Bookmark
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:59 pm

Postby Don » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:06 am

Sorry, but the action editor does not allow you to add clothing.

The reason for this is because the game needs to track the relationships between various clothing items, for example which items of clothing prevent access to which areas of the body, which pieces block the removal of other items, and so forth.

Also, clothing items all require graphic images for the Advanced Clothing Editor.

These two factors make it impractical to allow for clothing to be defined in the action editor. This is something I really wanted to do, but it just wasn't practical.

However, if there are items you would like added, let me know, and I will put them in the next release.

Thanks,

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Costume can be Custom Equipment with some limitations

Postby kdemsky » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:44 am

I have added basically every adult costume worth somethng in fantasy Role Playing in Custom Equipment. It doesn't help disrobe piece by piece, but an action can depend on the costume *equipment* being available. If you remove something like a thong or skirt (part of the equipment), then you might have to put it back. Of course if the costume is sexy enough, providing reasonable access, then most actions can be completed. Or, worst case you will be out of sync with disrobing, but having fun anyway!!

Is there a way to see the state of dress currently during game play, to manually sync again? I haven't needed this, but if someone is really concerned that level of dress needs to be accounted for, this would allow visibility.
kdemsky
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Postby Don » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi,

You can bring up the clothing editor during the game by choosing Game | Clothing on the main menu.

Thanks,

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby Billiamson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm wondering if there's a chance I could get you to post an itemized summary of what parts of the body are covered by each piece of clothing.

While creating actions I've often had to guess whether an item covers a part of the body (for example, does a bra count as covering shoulders and/or back... i assume not, but am unsure)

Easiest way I can think of is an excel spreadsheet with clothing items listed on the left and body areas accross the top with checkmarks (or 1's) to indicate areas covered.
Billiamson
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby LXK8 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 am

Along the same lines. It would be very helpful to be able to add clothing and specify what is covered by it. I could post a list of items that I would like to see included if that would be helpful.
LXK8
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 am

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby Don » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 am

Billiamson wrote:I'm wondering if there's a chance I could get you to post an itemized summary of what parts of the body are covered by each piece of clothing.

While creating actions I've often had to guess whether an item covers a part of the body (for example, does a bra count as covering shoulders and/or back... i assume not, but am unsure)

Easiest way I can think of is an excel spreadsheet with clothing items listed on the left and body areas accross the top with checkmarks (or 1's) to indicate areas covered.


I will try to put together a list like that. It is pretty complex though, each piece of clothing has 5 different states for each body area. Then besides that, a given clothing item changes based on parameters in the Advanced Clothing Editor (long dress vs Short dress for example).

It is best not to think of certain items of clothing. Think instead of whether or not your action requires access to that body part. If you do want an action to depend on a certain clothing item, you can go over to the clothing items page and specify them there.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby Don » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 am

LXK8 wrote:Along the same lines. It would be very helpful to be able to add clothing and specify what is covered by it. I could post a list of items that I would like to see included if that would be helpful.


Please do post a list. I am always interested in adding new clothing items to the game.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby Billiamson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Don wrote:I will try to put together a list like that. It is pretty complex though, each piece of clothing has 5 different states for each body area. Then besides that, a given clothing item changes based on parameters in the Advanced Clothing Editor (long dress vs Short dress for example).


Hmmm... hadn't realized it was that complicated. I assumed that an clothing item either covered or didn't cover each area of the body. I had thought that 'accessible' meant that, at most, 1 item of clothing stood in the way of accessing that body part (meaning that the body part could also be bare) and that 'covered' meant that 1 or more items stood in the way. Therefore, 'accessible but covered' means that the area is covered, but only by 1 piece of clothing. I wasn't sure what 'visible' meant. Are you saying that each piece of clothing has the option of making each area of the body 'covered', 'covered but accessible', 'accessible', 'visible', or 'bare'? or are the 5 states something else entirely?

Don wrote:It is best not to think of certain items of clothing. Think instead of whether or not your action requires access to that body part. If you do want an action to depend on a certain clothing item, you can go over to the clothing items page and specify them there.


I agree... perhaps I'm just getting to perfectionistic. I'm trying to get a better idea of how the different states I mentioned above work, and what areas are covered by various articles of clothing, so that I can make actions which will work perfectly in all situations. If the chart is too complicated or difficult to assemble, don't bother. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be and thought you might have the information already compiled or be able to throw it together quickly.
Billiamson
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: CLOTHING & LINGERIE

Postby LXK8 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 am

Some clothing suggestions:
I've included some that are similar to existing clothing.
My wife won't "RENAME" an existing item so it would make the game easier to setup.

For Women:
Add "Tube Top" ; similar to "Corset" although short/medium/long options would be nice
Add "Halter Top"; Ties behind back & neck and only covers the breasts
Modify "Bikini Top" to look like "Halter Top" listed above.
Modify "Bra" to include strapless option.
Add "G-String" style panties.
Modify "Bodystocking" to include open bust option.
Modify "Babydoll" to include strapless and open bust options.
Modify "Bikini Top" & "Bikini Bottom" to include string style (VERY minimal) option.
Add "Choker" style necklace; not a high priority but it might be nice.
Add Non-Piercing Clitoris & Nipple jewelry (Removing and Replacing this would add a lot of fun).
Modify "Pasties" to include a twirling style option. This could add some interesting activities.

For Men:
Modify "Thong" to include a pouch option (Waistband and penis/scrotum cover with no string between the legs)
Modify "Briefs" & "Thong" to include exposed penis and exposed scrotum options
Add "Shaft Cover" with open tip option; Only covers the penis shaft
Add "Ball Cover" that only covers the scrotum
Add ""Sack" style that ties or has elastic that covers ONLY the penis & scrotum; (NO waist or leg strings).
Add "G-String" style thong
Modify Briefs to include a bikini style option

Hope this helps.

Don, feel free to move this to the "Feature Requests" forum if you want.
LXK8
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 am


Return to Tech Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron