do we need to buy?

General discussion of iBliss on the iPhone, iPad or iTouch

Moderator: DaveBliss

do we need to buy?

Postby duke2k » Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 pm

hey don,

great to hear that bliss is still in further development.
but do we need to buy the app even if we own the pc version?

kind regards

duke
duke2k
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 am

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Wed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi,

The terms of the Apple iPhone store require us to charge the same to everyone regardless of other software they may own, so you must buy a seperate license, sorry.

The iPhone app is priced pretty low though at $11.99, so it is much cheaper than the normal Bliss license.

Any add-ons you already have will work on the iPhone with no additional charge.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby jens4littleducks » Thu May 19, 2011 11:45 am

Does that include the editor?
jens4littleducks
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 pm

There is not an Action Editor for the iPhone and we don't plan to create one. The action editor requires intensive keyboard interaction and would be far to difficult to use in a portable environment like a phone. However, you can use the Action Editor on your computer to edit files and then transfer those files to the iPhone.

The same is true of the Profile Editor and profiles.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby tla » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm

I just bought the iphone version but dont have the PC version.

1) is there a way to just get the editor? without the full pc license?

and

2) is there a way to take a game pack and unpack it to english so I can not edit it but just see what the actions are? say a binary file to english converter program ? this would be used to look at the game packs in this forum and see what is there - not necessarily trying to edit it...

tla
tla
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

tla wrote:I just bought the iphone version but dont have the PC version.

1) is there a way to just get the editor? without the full pc license?

and

2) is there a way to take a game pack and unpack it to english so I can not edit it but just see what the actions are? say a binary file to english converter program ? this would be used to look at the game packs in this forum and see what is there - not necessarily trying to edit it...

tla


You can use the Action Editor with the Free Demo version of the game. Just buy the Action Editor.
The Action Editor can export actions to the clipboard.

Thanks

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby tla » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Don
if I buy just the action editor and I use the demo - when the demo runs out - (in 30 min) what will happen then? would I still be able to access the action editor?

thansk,
Tla
tla
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 pm

tla wrote:Don
if I buy just the action editor and I use the demo - when the demo runs out - (in 30 min) what will happen then? would I still be able to access the action editor?

thansk,
Tla


With the current version of the game you will no longer be able to access the action editor aftr the demo runs out. However, the demo will never run out if you never play the game. The time only counts when a game is running, not just when the software is open.

We are going to change this in a future version so that you can still use the action editor.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby tla » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:47 pm

I will have to wait then until the next version comes out. perhaps you should make the action editor a separate EXE with separate validation key.........

A follow on:

I dont have a license so I cant test this - but if you are using the demo, in order to get to the launch menu of the action editor - the game must be running.

Are you saying that I could launch the action editor - then exit the game, and the AE would still stay up ?
tla
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:05 pm

tla wrote:I will have to wait then until the next version comes out. perhaps you should make the action editor a separate EXE with separate validation key.........

A follow on:

I dont have a license so I cant test this - but if you are using the demo, in order to get to the launch menu of the action editor - the game must be running.

Are you saying that I could launch the action editor - then exit the game, and the AE would still stay up ?


Hi,

No, what I mean is that you can start the game itself from the Windows Start Menu. Once you do that, you can just choose Options | Action Editor from the main menu. As long as you don't choose Start New Game the evaluation timer doesn't run.

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby tla » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 am

just fyi the demo is not acting as expected.

I launch it from start menu,
it comes up and says this is a demo - so I click continue with demo
the opening enter names and press start is given (no other option but press start)
then the game comes up and options menu is there.

I do notice that the demo counter does not drop significantly, but it does decrease about one minute every or every other time its launched.

Regardless - I see on the other bug report thread that you are working on granting access - so just thought I'd share the startup path I have so you can be sure to test that scenario.

tla
tla
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Midamum » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:28 pm

I just purchased the editor and followed the recommendation to use the demo version. What I learned was that the demo version did decrement one minute each time I used it. Additionally, not all clothing or toy choices were available. I am limited to only use those items allowed in the demo version. This was not what I was expecting. Any thoughts?

Thanks
nla
Midamum
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby Don » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:52 am

Midamum wrote:I just purchased the editor and followed the recommendation to use the demo version. What I learned was that the demo version did decrement one minute each time I used it. Additionally, not all clothing or toy choices were available. I am limited to only use those items allowed in the demo version. This was not what I was expecting. Any thoughts?

Thanks
nla


Hi,

You have pointed out a problem that we did not anticipate. The clothing and toy choices were not supposed to be limited in the Action Editor, but as you point out, they are. We will fix this in a future release, as well as the demo version countdown.

Thanks,

Don
User avatar
Don
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Florida

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby smiling grandpa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I guess i'm a bit confused... we just purchased iphones and I discovered the iphone app. Do I need to purchase both the iphone app and a new license to play on the iphone???
thanks
Husband of one and father of six
smiling grandpa
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:51 pm
Location: Texas

Re: do we need to buy?

Postby DaveBliss » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:53 pm

No, if you buy Bliss for the iPhone you can play it on the iPhone or iPad without any further purchases. However if you bought the PC version of Bliss then you'd need to buy the iPhone version separately.
User avatar
DaveBliss
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 am

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron