Page 1 of 1

Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm
by RTLM
I'm unable to disable the game music or sounds. This is a deal breaker as i'd never play a game with music playing from my phone or tablet. Lets face it the speakers are small and not exactly worth listening to. As it stands the music just annoying and interferes with any music playing on the stereo totally ruining the mood. I wouldn't even think of buying the Android version until this bug was fixed.

Re: Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 pm
by Don
Hi,

You should just be able to turn the volume down while playing the game. Does that not work? That will affect the android "Game Sound" level but will not affect phone calls or ringers.

However, If you don't use the in-game sound, you will be missing out on a lot of the fun. A lot of the actions call for specific music that is different from the background music. You can always plug a headphone jack into the phone or tablet and connect it to your stereo system or better speakers.

Don

Re: Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm
by RTLM
Don wrote:You should just be able to turn the volume down while playing the game. Does that not work? That will affect the android "Game Sound" level but will not affect phone calls or ringers.


That really doesn't work because it messes with any other game I play the next time around. Besides what if I do want the game sounds but not the music or vice versa?

The other problem here is that the music is still playing in the background which is using CPU and thus reducing the battery life of the device. It would be much better to be able to disable music and / or sound and not have that additional overhead.

Don wrote:However, If you don't use the in-game sound, you will be missing out on a lot of the fun. A lot of the actions call for specific music that is different from the background music.


I do understand that could be quite fun and will probably use it in the future. The built in music is basically meh (I know its hard to get quality music you can legally distribute) and setting up my own music takes configuration and time. I'd rather turn it off for now. In fact when I do set things up I'd probably want to disable the background music while leaving the action music or more likely set different volumes for each.

Don wrote:You can always plug a headphone jack into the phone or tablet and connect it to your stereo system or better speakers.


That's going to be one long cord then... Besides the idea is to get technology out of the way and cables all over the room does tend to kill the mood quite a bit...

Re: Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:57 pm
by Don
You could also just remove all of the background music from the background music playlist.

Don

Re: Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm
by RTLM
Don wrote:You could also just remove all of the background music from the background music playlist.


I tried that. It just reselected all of the songs when the game started and played them as expected.

Re: Unable to disable sound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 am
by Ivo
You'll need to delete them from the application data folder if you can find it on your phone/tablet. If you remove them from the main list it might still get them from the application data- I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't say where it might store application data.