Aciton Editor and Game Blind accessible

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Aciton Editor and Game Blind accessible

Postby Ivo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 am

Don,
As I get older I think about loss of eyesight and also those who are blind. Would it be possible to add audio to the action cards? Such as electronic voice reader. I of course would prefer recording a live voice in the action editor. I just don't like fake voices no matter how good they don't inflect and give meaning like a real person. Of course I would never share the audio as that is too personal. I'd share sans audio.

Now I've handed you an overwhelming project - I have no idea how much code that would take for the individual cards and also the action editor itself. Maybe way too much. or could be charged as an add in-- I'm willing to alpha/beta! :lol:
Ivo

Re: Aciton Editor and Game Blind accessible

Postby Ivo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Please excuse the additional post. I was rethinking this idea- instead of adding in code would it be possible to have html code or hyperlinks into the cards this might make it so that people could use their own links to pictures and such. Of course these types of action cards would not be as shareable on the exchange.

If you could hyperlink to an audio file it would just play on whatever default player the individual was using. These would be audio or video or picture files that would not be background music or music to dance by but things like audio instructions or sounds. Again this may be difficult. But I do have a program that lets you do this for memorizing flashcards for language learning - it is called before you know it. It lets you pull in audio and pictures in a limited fashion. Anyway its a LOT of code and stability issues so I don't expect it at all it is more of a what if.

The accessibility for the blind maybe already doable for them through voice navigation programs.
Ivo

Return to Feature Requests