Thing I would like to see added

Use this forum to request new enhancements or make suggestions for future releases.

Moderator: Don

Thing I would like to see added

Postby jnolan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:36 am

1. To limit how many time a action happens in a single game
2. Being able to set one or more action required before another action can happen. I would like greater control than what is currently used
3. Different game boards
4. Able to create your own Property
5. If oil has been use on the body part. You can not write on it. the oppsite of number 2.
6. Able to turn off actions because of physicial limitation. IE lower back problem so no situps
jnolan

Postby Don » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:34 am

Hi, those are some pretty good ideas. I will respond to each of them individually.

1. To limit how many time a action happens in a single game

The current game logic tries very hard NEVER to use an action twice in the same game. Each acton is appropiate only for certain situations. The logic searches through all unplayed actions to try to find one that it can use for the situation. Only after it exhausted all unplayed actions will it resort to reusing an action at all. If you are seeing an action repeatedly in the same game, it is because there are not enough actions in the list that can match that situation. I would like to hear about particluar actions that are showing up repeatedly and where the are appearing so that I can add more actions for that situation.

2. Being able to set one or more action required before another action can happen. I would like greater control than what is currently used

There is a prerequisite capability, but it is probably not as versatile as what you are wishing for. Would you like to see a specific single action required before another can happen, or a class of action happen before another can? Would you want to see some way so that if action 1 happens, then action 2 will happen on the next turn without randomization?

3. Different game boards

There are currently different skins (which I assume you have seen). Different game boards is a capability that we have discssed for future revisions. Just out of curiousity, what would you like to see change from board to board.

I assume by this you mean adding different types of buildable properties to the game along with Candy Shop and so forth? This is something that was orignally planned, but became too difficult to do because of artwork issues. Since each type of buildable property requires an image for the board, We left this out because we thought that users would not want to supply their own images. (The images must meet fairly strict requirements of size, color depth, etc.) Would you still be interested in this even if you had to use a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to create an image?

5. If oil has been use on the body part. You can not write on it. the oppsite of number 2.

Good point. I'll add that at the next significant rev.

6. Able to turn off actions because of physicial limitation. IE lower back problem so no situps

You could do that now by simply deleting the action using the action editor. Or, if you prefer, you could mark the action as male only or female only to allow one partner to receive that action or the other.

I really appreciate input like this. Though I can't promise to implement everything requested, it will all be added to my list of futures and strongly considered for implementation. It benefits all of us to make the game better, and stuff like this really helps.

Thanks,

Don
Don
Super Moderator

Postby dachimp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:56 pm

There is a prerequisite capability, but it is probably not as versatile as what you are wishing for. Would you like to see a specific single action required before another can happen, or a class of action happen before another can? Would you want to see some way so that if action 1 happens, then action 2 will happen on the next turn without randomization?

I would very much like this. It would be fun to have scripted actions that happened in sequence. One thing one could script would be the ability to increase the monetary reward the farther up an action chain one progressed. For example, if the first action was performed, a second is auto-launched next round, with the an accept and receive this much money or a decline and receive no payment option. If that's accepted, it progresses. This would allow for some really cool and dynamic situations. It seems like the functionality is inherently there.

3. Different game boards
There are currently different skins (which I assume you have seen). Different game boards is a capability that we have discssed for future revisions. Just out of curiousity, what would you like to see change from board to board.

I'd like to see different board layouts. I could easily make my own, but the main thing is that having a high rez screen makes viewing the small image kind of a pain, particularly after a few drinks. Maybe a simple resolution options would be nice.

I assume by this you mean adding different types of buildable properties to the game along with Candy Shop and so forth? This is something that was orignally planned, but became too difficult to do because of artwork issues. Since each type of buildable property requires an image for the board, We left this out because we thought that users would not want to supply their own images. (The images must meet fairly strict requirements of size, color depth, etc.) Would you still be interested in this even if you had to use a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to create an image?

I would love this. I'm image editing savvy, and could really open things up with this kind of cusomization. The game is incredible as is, why not put the finishing touches on it?

Thanks.
dachimp

Postby Paragon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:51 pm

dachimp wrote:

I would love this. I'm image editing savvy, and could really open things up with this kind of cusomization. The game is incredible as is, why not put the finishing touches on it?

Thanks.

Agreed, I would LOVE to add my own art. :)
Paragon

Postby ed » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:49 pm

dachimp wrote:
I'd like to see different board layouts. I could easily make my own, but the main thing is that having a high rez screen makes viewing the small image kind of a pain, particularly after a few drinks. Maybe a simple resolution options would be nice.

More resolution/screen size options would definately be helpful, especially when playing on a small laptop screen or on a screen the other side of the room
ed

Postby Tater » Wed May 17, 2006 1:12 pm

With regard to creating new property types and need for graphics -- I would propose that a fixed font text could be used in place of a graphic if a graphic is not found. If the user is graphically savey enough to create a graphic, then it will be displayed.

I would also suggest that such graphics would be somewhat trivial for those "in the know" and a request here might be all that is needed.

Lastly -- Might just be me, but I find it esthetically odd that some of the graphics for passion levels are clip art-ish, and some of them are digital photos.

PS: Played a game Sunday night, and I already feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Thank you.
Later, Tater
Tater

Return to Feature Requests