Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Use this forum to upload new action files and skins for other users to try.

Moderator: Don

Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Postby Ivo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Since, we have received we are returning the favor. For the scifi Geeks. A lot of time has been spent rewriting some of the existing action cards to fit theme based play. Also a few additions of our own. There are 3-4 themes we are working out.

The first theme to be shared is space odyssey This includes the skin, music suggestions, and of course the action files. These files are meant to be played stand alone (not with basic) but staying engaged can be added for more lower play. Thanks to DD for a lot of ideas I played with, and to Don, and everyone.

Action Cards
New version
SpaceLG.bjf
(356.48 KiB) Downloaded 1318 times

Olderversion
SpaceDD.bjf
(273.07 KiB) Downloaded 1178 times

Gameboard skin
spaceodyessy.zip
(988.83 KiB) Downloaded 1182 times

Custom action build replacement icons such as doctor's office etc
Newly added custom build category and icon for new SpaceLG1.1
use both this icon and the build game icons.rar
spaceport.bmp
for use with spaceLG.bjf
spaceport.bmp (17.27 KiB) Viewed 31920 times

Build Game Icons.rar
(74.53 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
Updated

Please note that the gameboard skin is a compilation of work of many pictures, and the couple specifically is from this work:
"Lovers in Space" - OUT OF THE CRADLE by Pamela Lee from Out of the Cradle.

Background Music- in order of play

Music is from Soundtracks, Celtic Hymns by Brentwood, Emerald Isles, and The Romeros (you can purchase on amazon)
SCIFI Galaxy Quest_1min (clip from youtube)
SCIFI Celestial Soda Pop_4min
Be Thou My Vision Celtic Hymns
Once To Every Man And Nation/The Merry Quaker Celtic Hymns
The Jolly Beggar Emerald Isles
05 - Sor_ Etudes for Guitar, Op_31 - Etudes for Guitar, Op_31 - Obbligato on Etude No_ 5 in B minor The Romeros
The Emerald Isles
07 - Tarrega_ Lágrima - Lágrima
SCIFI Romancing Stone_6min
08 - Romero_ Romantico - Romantico
All Things Bright And Beautiful
Relaxing_Safari Sundown 9
SCIFI Bk to Future_3min
SCIFI Atlantis_1min
Let All Things Now Living
Coronation- Stardust Soundtrack
The 10th Kingdom _ Wishing On A Star
SCIFI Lost in Space
Western Good Bad Ugly
Star Wars Sound Effects Mos Eisley Cantina Music

Action Music

Endless Ocean
Memory Of You
01 - Traditional_ Sevillanas - Sevillanas
06 - Romero_ Noche en Málaga - Noche en Málaga
03 - Moreno Torroba_ Llamada - Llamada
13 - Anonymous_ Suite of 6 Dances - Suite of 6 Dances - Attributed to Vincenzo Galilei (1520-1591)_Compiled from 16th century l
The King Of Love My Shepherd Is
19 - Rameau_ Gavotte en rondeau - Gavotte en rondeau
Sultry_Mysterious Stranger
Dance_Soft Blend
Spike Island Lasses
Salsa_Hot Pursuit
Yellow Lilly
The Jolly Beggar
chuckclip1--- this is the toreadore music heard in a chuck episode. I liked how short it was!perfect for 30 seconds
Star Wars Sound Effects Mos Eisley Cantina Music

Celtic Hymns
http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Hymns-Brentwood-Provident/dp/1558974385/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1377285568&sr=8-8&keywords=celtic+hymns
Emerald Isle
http://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Isle-Jeff-Victor/dp/B0001JUJE2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377285795&sr=8-2&keywords=emerald+isles+cd
The Romeros or Los romeros Spanish Guitar
http://www.amazon.com/The-Romeros-Celedonio-Family-Spanish/dp/B0000057NF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377285859&sr=8-1&keywords=the+romeros
Last edited by Ivo on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ivo

Re: Theme based play and skins Scifi spaceodyssey

Postby Ivo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

To those who downloaded within the first 40 minutes of my posting the actions files- please redownload
I wanted you to know that I ran the validation tool on them again on Aug 23 2013! I had been working on them and had forgotten before posting. Thank you for your patience.
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Build Action Icons
A bit of scifi history the Dance Hall icon is from Raquel Welch 1970 space girl dance. And I'll let you figure out all the rest. You may need to rename the icons to get them to load correctly.

Help appreciated I can't seem to rename two property icons that keep returning to the old cabaret and toy store. I've tried different spelling if anyone knows what title those two property icons are in the original that would be very helpful. In case you were wondering what they are supposed to be in my icons- cabaret is Quark's because of the dabo girls and toy store is actually a zatnicketel from stargate.

EDIT= updated icons have been placed into original post get a fresh copy or rename this as listed in one of the follow up posts.
Last edited by Ivo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivo

Postby heda » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am

Awesome work, much appreciated :)
heda

Postby Ivo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 am

Be Sure to get an updated copy of the build property icons- or rename your files cabaret should be StripClub.bmp and toy toys or toystore should be ToyStore.bmp
Ivo

Postby Xenon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi

I LOVE the SciFi theme ... it looks like lots of fun ... very clever ... thanks.

Technical Set up Question .... (maybe more for Don)

How do I set up the files?
I'd like to "have the option" to play a theme, or the regular game. I can certainly do that by putting the action file in the actions folder, and putting the skin in the skins folder, but what to do with the new icons. If I put them in the actions folder, then EVERYTIME we play, we get the SciFi icons. Am I missing something?

Is there a place to select a "folder" with the icons in it? So you could use default icons or new icons?

Ideally, I think it would be great to have a "theme" folder, and under that, have "actions","skins",'icons" and the game let you point to that theme folder for the files it needs. Am I missing something about to set up the game?
Xenon

Postby Don » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 am

Xenon wrote:Hi

I LOVE the SciFi theme ... it looks like lots of fun ... very clever ... thanks.

Technical Set up Question .... (maybe more for Don)

How do I set up the files?
I'd like to "have the option" to play a theme, or the regular game. I can certainly do that by putting the action file in the actions folder, and putting the skin in the skins folder, but what to do with the new icons. If I put them in the actions folder, then EVERYTIME we play, we get the SciFi icons. Am I missing something?

Is there a place to select a "folder" with the icons in it? So you could use default icons or new icons?

Ideally, I think it would be great to have a "theme" folder, and under that, have "actions","skins",'icons" and the game let you point to that theme folder for the files it needs. Am I missing something about to set up the game?

The theme folder is a good idea, but currently your only option would be to move the bitmap files out of the Actions folder and into a different one.
Don
Super Moderator

Postby Ivo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Just to help you - yes you do have to do a little bit of file and icon exchanging if you use it on the same computer- we have a laptop as well so we've set one theme on that and another on our regular.

I've also set up a folder system it is like this-- Themes> And under themes are all my themes with music files for different music each theme has it's own icon file and it's own background music and action music files. PLEASE note I also have a file called original with a copy of all the original set up. Then I just copy and past the icons into the action file and it will just copy theme or ask to replace if you've had a different theme icons with the same names- I just say yes knowing I've got my theme file folders as a backup of all my icons. Then I just remove and reset the music per theme as well. (This is also why I've set two different themes on different laptops)

Of course to play the original without the updated icons you'll have to delete them from the action folder.

skins of course can just be in the skins folder.
Music to my ears that someone else may enjoy it!

WOW- DON themes folder- that would be cool but it'd take some code you might be able to make a code that would even run differently named icons as if they were the original- for example choosing theme play - choose your icon for hotel- then the script would indicate to play phlostonparadise as hotel. -- This might well be a major code session though and not worth the time.- I'm so large with not knowing- I'm envisioning dhtml code and php in my brain, even then I never when beyond basics! I'm not familiar with java scripting at all so no idea how major the code script would be on theme based items. It works fine for me now as is -- I like knowing where files and data application items are stored and playing with these.
Ivo

Postby Rctoledo88 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 am

What would say is the level of intensity for these themes? My partner and I are definitely high level action players. I use the iphone version so I am unable to access the details and action of the profiles so I just have to always wait and see.
Rctoledo88

Postby Ivo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Don't know your rating scale- these are a variety, you'd have to go through and eliminate those you think are too low. The category that is heaviest in the 5-8 range. 9 levels were harder to make. If you were looking for hard core BDSM or anal play there isn't much there. If you have an editor then you could customize your own.

The idea behind this was the unique sex organ called the brain and playing out a theme. I think if you download the skin you'll get an idea of the overlay. Some take offs on fith element the movie - such as you are vacationing at phloston paradise (hotel) or free kiss by an orion slave girl, or you are the communication officer etc and there is a failure to communicate verbally . . .

plans are to make more and customize it more, but I have no time now. Not sure I would share everything- this is a basic start. I really encourage you to get an editor if you don't have one as then you could add your own categories and cards and make it much more personal and fun for you and your partner. :D
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 pm

I've just added a new revised bjf file called spaceLG.bjf to the initial post. This has a new category called spaceport along with a custom build icon. All new action cards were done by me. I've still left credits on all cards that were based off others work even those that I changed.

Please note this is not an append to the older version or you will end up with duplicates. It is just all the files plus the new custom category files.

Play on! :D Enjoy Space geeks!
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 pm

To the six or seven people who downloaded the new file-- please be aware that a few cards had validation problems. I've just redone - if anyone finds a card that has problems please feel free to let me know which action card.

New full spaceLG has been re uploaded, sorry for the inconvenence, I'm still new at getting the action cards just right.
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 am

A Space Trek (Star Trek) skin

startrek.rar
(816.23 KiB) Downloaded 830 times

The background starfield is from deviant art way2spoiled
Ivo

Postby Ivo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 pm

multipass.rar
New Skin for scifi odyssey icons are varied now and static icons have multipass frame in honor of fifth element
(717.49 KiB) Downloaded 843 times

New as of 3/21/14
Ivo

Return to The Exchange